Hi everyone!!! Happy New Years Eve! Today I am going to show you how to achieve a sparkly gold smokey eye look that you can wear for New Years Eve, and I will also show you my outfit!
Now, I am a Mom to a 2 1/2 year old, and I’m pregnant… so I will be staying home on New Years Eve. Lol. But, if I was going to a super cool fancy party, this is what I would wear!
Ok, let’s get started on the eyes!
1. First things first, I needed to prime my eyes. I took this Too Faced Shadow Insurance in Candlelight and applied it to my eyelids with my finger.
2. After that, I took this Stila Eye Trio in Mulholland Drive and used the middle gold color all over the lid. I then took the last dark brown color in the trio and applied that to my crease, working it in and making it deeper towards the outer corners of my eyes.
3. After that I took a clean blending brush and blended out any harsh lines. I then took the first light gold shade and applied that into the inner corners of my eyes and underneath my browbone for some highlight.
4. I then went back into the dark brown color and drug some of that underneath my lash line starting from the outer corner until about halfway in.
5. Next, I wanted to use this Loreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Amber Rush, so I got a flat shader brush and spritzed it with a little bit of MAC’s Fix Plus and patted that all over my eyelid. Using a wet brush like this will give this pigment a more foiled effect and it will look a lot more sparkly.
6. Now, for the fun part. I took this Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Liner in Baked, and ran that under my lash line, starting at the inner corner and taking it about halfway. This will give a glitzy sparkle and make your eyes pop.
7. I used this Sephora Cream Liner in Must Have and lined my upper lashline, and then I curled my eyelashes and used my trusty Maybelline Volum’ Express The Rocket Mascara.
8. For a little bit of added drama, I popped on some false eyelashes, I used Red Cherry Lashes in #43.
Here is the finished look:
Other Makeup Used:
Benefit The Porefessional Primer
Loreal True Match Lumi Foundation in W-1-2
Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in Fair
Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer in Fair/Light
MAC Studio Fix Powder + Foundation in NW20
Anastasia Brow Powder Duo in Dark Brown/Brunette
Benefit Hoola Bronzer
MAC Blush in Fleur Power
Be a Bombshell Color Stick in Girl Crush
Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in Make Me Pink
Here’s my outfit:
…had to do a selfie…JJ wasn’t home to take my picture! Lol
Black and Floral Dress – Express
Black Slingback Bow Heels – Nordstrom
Gold Sparkly Hoop Earrings – Landau
Gold Two Finger Ring – F21
Sparkly Bangle Bracelet – Charming Charlie’s
I picked this black and floral printed dress because it has sparkly gold threading throughout the pattern, so I thought it would be festive! I paired it with some really high black slingbacks with bow detailing. All of the jewelry is gold and sparkly.
Do you like this eye look? Let me know if you try it out!
Thanks for reading my blog, and have a Happy New Year!!!
2 thoughts on “NEW YEARS EVE Sparkly Gold Smokey Eye and Outfit”
Very pretty ! Happy New Year 🙂
Thank you! Happy New Year to you too 🙂