Hi everyone! Hope you are having a wonderful day. Do you have tons of single eyeshadows taking up space in your makeup drawers? Well, today I am going to show you what I do with my eyeshadows to save space in my drawers!
I like to de-pot single eyeshadows into a makeup palette to save space and keep all of my eyeshadows together. De-potting just means removing the metal shadow pan out of its plastic container, and placing it into a palette of your choosing.
This process uses sharp tools and heat, so be very careful while doing this.
What you will need:
– eyeshadow (this is MAC Retrospeck)
– a piece of wax or parchment paper
– rubbing alcohol
– a knife
– a hot tool – I use a flat iron, but you can also use a regular iron.
– an empty palette
Let’s get started!
1. The first thing you need to do is open up your eyeshadow, and wedge your knife into the back of the container to pop out the little plastic disk that holds your pan of eyeshadow. Be careful to not cut yourself.
2. Cut out a little piece of wax or parchment paper. Turn on your hot tool and let it heat up. Place your paper on the hot plate and put the eyeshadow on top. Keep it on there for about 30 seconds. The heat will melt the glue so that you can pop the metal pan right out.
3. Take your knife and push the back on the plastic with the tip, and the metal pan will slowly start to pop out.
4. Do not touch the metal pan, it will be extremely hot! After you get it out, try to slide it onto the counter or use an oven mitt to grab it.
5. After it has cooled a bit, grab your alcohol and pour some out onto a paper towel or cotton pad. Use this to remove the glue from the pan so it won’t be sticky.
And, that’s it! Now you can put your pan into any palette of your choosing, and it will save you a ton of space in your drawers!
Let me know if you de-pot your eyeshadows and if you have any tips or tricks that you do.
If you have any questions, comment down below!
Thanks for reading, and have a great day!