Hey guys! My family loves pasta, and I’d say this dish and meatballs are some of their favorites! This is a light pasta dish, super healthy, and uses delicious fresh ingredients!
Let’s get started.
You will need:
•Any kind of pasta – I really like using linguine noodles.
•tomatoes – I like using small cherry.
•garlic – 3 or 4 cloves, depending on how much you like garlic.
•mozzarella – fresh or shredded
•salt and pepper
1. Boil your pasta.
2. In a frying pan, heat up about 3 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat.
3. After the oil gets hot, chop your garlic and put it in.
4. While that heats up, start chopping your tomatoes. I cut mine into half or into thirds. Put those in along with a teaspoon of salt, and a half a teaspoon of pepper.
5. Give them a good stir, and when they start getting soft, start smashing them down with a fork. The salt will help them to break down. Keep smashing until you have a chunky sauce.
6. Add your pasta and your basil.
I like to add some mozzarella on top, but the best thing about this recipe is that you can add anything you like to it! You can add red pepper flakes to make it a little spicy, or any kind of veggies or meat that you like. I like to add grilled chicken to it. My two daughters (ages 1 and 4) BOTH love this. They love any kind of pasta, though. It must be the Italian in them!
I hope you enjoyed this recipe! See you tomorrow with a new post 🙂