I’m always on the hunt for healthier options when it comes to making meals for my girls. Luckily, they are not picky at all when it comes to eating, and will try pretty much anything. Some of our favorite lunches to make are salads (and BLT’s- they LOVE those). We love to think of new things to add to our salads, and they think it’s fun to make their own. Here’s our favorite version.
What you’ll need:
- Romaine lettuce blend (we like the kind with cabbage and carrots)
- Grilled chicken cut into bite sized pieces
- Chopped tomatoes (my little one Ashley LOVES tomatoes)
- Chopped hard boiled eggs (just the white part)
- Parmesan cheese – we like the shaved kind
- Crunchy Chow Mein noodles (I love these as an alternative to croutons)
For lemon garlic dressing:
- 2tbsp olive oil
- the juice from 2 lemons
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
Whisk together lemon juice and olive oil. Add salt, pepper, and garlic, and then combine. That’s it for your dressing!
The dressing is light and delicious, and the eggs and chicken have protein to keep us full.