Hey guys! I’ve got a special treat for you today! My recipe for my homemade apple pie! Since it is starting to feel a little cooler outside, I felt like I should celebrate with one of my favorite fall desserts. Also, this pie makes your house smell sooo good. So, here we go…my homemade apple pie !
– 6 Granny Smith apples
– 3 refrigerated pie crusts (I use Pillsbury)–They come in packs of 2, so you will have one leftover that you can freeze.
– 1 tbsp lemon juice
– 3/4 c sugar
– 1 tbsp flour
– 1/2 tsp cinnamon
– 1/4 tsp nutmeg
– 1/8 tsp salt
– cinnamon/sugar for sprinkling
1. Core, peel, and slice the apples into thin slices. Mix in lemon juice.
2. Combine sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt, and stir together.
3. Add this mixture slowly to the apples, and make sure you coat all of the apples.
4. Place the apples in a strainer over a bowl; this will release the juices. Keep in the strainer for about 25 minutes. After all of the juices have drained, you can throw away the extra juice, or my husband gave me the idea of saving it to put over ice cream. (YUM)
5. Unroll one of the pie crusts and place it into your pie pan, and then put the apples in.
6. You can just use the other pie crust and place it on top, but I like to do my apple pie with a basket weave pattern. Unroll the pie crust and cut into 1 inch strips. (it doesn’t have to be perfect)
7. Place the strips vertically over the pie crust.
8. Take the last pie crust and cut into one inch strips, and then start making your basket weave pattern. The best way that I can explain this is to just fold every other strip back, and then place the strip down, and then repeat the process until you have all of the strips down.
9. After you are finished making the basket weave pattern, go around the edges of the pie and trim off any excess pie crust that is hanging over the pie pan. Then, what I like to do is grab a fork and press down the edges, I think it gives a definite crust look to the pie! I also like to sprinkle some cinnamon sugar over the top.
10. Bake at 400 degrees for 30-35 minutes. If you notice that the edges are getting browned, cover them with some foil.
And that is it! Let the pie sit for about 30 minutes before serving. It is a very easy pie to make, and everyone will love it!
Thanks for reading guys, and let me know if you try it! 🙂